Tuesday, August 23, 2011

She grew up with horses, too.

This is a photo of my daughter Shelby at about 9 yrs old. The horse in her lap is not dead I assure you though it may indeed appear that way. The filly in the photo is one we raised from one of my Weiscamp mares who was a half sister to my 100% Weiscamp Skipper W gelding who's parents were right off of old Hanks farm. For those of you that have no idea what I'm talking about don't worry about it, its famous QH pedigree blubber.

What anyone should find interesting about this picture is just that a nine year old child has enough of "a way" with horse's about them that a new foal would be so happy to be sleeping in her lap. For you parents out there you know its a tad unusual for the typical nine year old child to enjoy sitting there long enough for a horse to get its beauty rest. As you have probably guessed this one grew up with horses too. Shelby is almost 17 now.

Shelby is and always has been the dare devil kid. That is just her nature. If I was going to catch a kid doing something silly, or risky, it would always be Shelby. None of her three brothers ever caused near the number of skipped heart beats that Shelby has. Besides being a "let it all hang out" kinda kid with the horses, she carried that tendency over into other aspects of her life. She even played just about every position on the boys football team at her local public school for about five years.Yeah...I have even seen her on the bottom of a huge "dog pile" from diving on a fumbled football during a game. 

Anyway...along this journey you will see a number of photos of Shelby, well..... being Shelby. Since it is the theme of the blog it will be with a horse. So... let me offer up the standard warning early on "don't try this at home" Leave the stunts to the professionals. Do also know that I have as mom tried my level best to curb this tendency in my sweet little girl if for nothing else her safety. I have finally accepted the fact that some of them are just frogs, and snails, and puppy dog tails. 

No comments:

Post a Comment