Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A new kind of horse, well...for me anyway,

A couple of months ago I bought the horse pictured above. He is a Clydesdale. My first of this breed. His name is "Clyde" I promise you "I" did not name him that he came with that unique (ok, not so much) name. At any rate Clyde is a delightful Clydesdale and I am quite happy with the purchase. He's trained to both pull a carriage as well as to ride.

He is pretty much what we horse people call "bomb proof." I have used him about a dozen times in downtown Little Rock and he was GREAT! This horse is just a seven year old so he has lots of life ahead of him. Horses as solid as him ( especially this young) are pretty hard to find so once again we got lucky. Last time was with Queen.

Dont think that, that is always the way it comes down though. I have ended up with horses I regretted dragging home too. That seems to happen quite a lot more often than finding jewels like Clyde and Queen. The next "new" post will be about a few of those we have had, or have. For the very next post its back to something old.

No comments:

Post a Comment