Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Ole Grey Mare- again

I promise I wont get off on a long winded thread about Edith the "Ding Bat" but since I mentioned her transformation in the earlier post I thought I would include this photo of her with my daughter Shelby as a 3-4 year old child riding her in our arena on the trail obstacles we had set up to practice on. Shelby is 17 yrs old now. So this was approximately 14 years ago.

Shelby is holding a can of soda in one hand and riding the mare with the other. As you can see her tiny legs were not even long enough to reach the stirrups. This was back before people were widely criticized for not wearing a safety helmet by the helmet Nazis as they are today. Especially for young riders. I assure you Shelby was as safe, as safe can be on that mare or...mom would not have had her on the horse in the first place! ( just thought I would get that out of the way before someone reading went on a rant about it)

Anyway, All seven of the kids spent many a day outside enjoying riding Edith. Shelby especially liked riding her. Shelby who played on the boys football team here in Arkansas from the 4th-9th grade at Rose Bud, and who has always been my "let it all hang out kid" Together they made quite the team.

No comments:

Post a Comment